Mac and windows router for airport wireless

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any advice about buying a router for running wifi on both an Emac G4 700mhz with airport card and also on Windows operating system computers?

I would adsl but in the long term my current router is miles from the room where the Emac will live.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
You're going to need a wireless B/G compatible router, and one with good range as well. Which one you choose is up to you. I'm currently using a Dlink DI-524 router, which is both wireless B and G compatible, but the range isn't exactly huge. Just find a router you like, and then see if it meets the requirements you need. :)

OP
M
Reaction score
You're going to need a wireless B/G compatible router, and one with good range as well. Which one you choose is up to you. I'm currently using a Dlink DI-524 router, which is both wireless B and G compatible, but the range isn't exactly huge. Just find a router you like, and then see if it meets the requirements you need. :)

I have a D-link 2740r available and from a little research, think that should be OK, or at least give it a try. The router and computer will be no more than 38 feet apart anyway with no solid brick or stone walls between. Heres hoping:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
That router should be fine. Good luck. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.