• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

C++/basic

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
Does anyone know where I can learn C++, and, BASIC if anyone still uses it or it is still usable and will do anytihng that is useful? Thanks a lot everyone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
C++ for dummies lol I got it downnnnnn now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
i know your looking for just C++ .. but ..

i figured id post this .
-------
As for all the different programming languages there are , it can be a tedious job trying to find a language you are comfortable with and want to program in so i have put together a nice list of different resources to help you get started in programming in that language you want to learn.

-------

PYTHON:
pyqt/
byte
thinkCSpy
toc
TPiP/

Those should help you in python here is some Pearl stuff
-------

Pearl:
Extreme Pearl book
begining Pearl
begin pearl (different one)

-------
PHP :
Hudzilla Php doc

there are some more i cant think of them at the moment .
-------

JAVA:
javanotes
jibook/
TIJ/

-------

C & C++:
cppad
C book

-------

I have some more resources but i cannot think of them all at the moment ill be more than happy to ad more onto this list if any one else is interested . i hope this helps you get a start on programming in which ever language you choose enjoi .

source

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.