Problem with MacBook touchpad

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here, I kinda ran into an issue with my MacBook so I figured I'd register so I could ask what your opinion on the matter is.

First, let me say I have a 13'' MacBook aluminum - not the pro, just a regular MacBook that's all aluminum before they stamped the "pro" lettering on the same Macs lol. I'm running leopard 10.5.8

So, last night I get that software update popup thing, and it has a list of about 6 different updates that need to be installed, including - iTunes, Safari, security update, something with the airport, quicktime and something else .. Anyways, I downloaded and installed all 6 updates, and after my MacBook restarted I haven't been able to use the tap-click on my touchpad.

I can still click when I press down on the touchpad, but as far as tapping it, or even the double tap with two fingers to right click, none of that is working anymore. I've tried restarting a few times, and even closed my MacBook and let it be for a few hours and it's still not working. The physical press down click works, and the zoom in and out on the touchpad still works. So does the expose. It seems to be only the tap to click functions.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

OP
J
Reaction score
Edit: I am an idiot. Yup, an idiot.

After I posted this question, I opened my settings and went to the trackpad option and noticed that the "one finger tap to click" box was unchecked for whatever reason. So I checked it.

Now it works like normal. I don't know why I didn't check that to begin with lol. But I also don't know why it got unchecked. Anyways, I guess this is a retarded way for me to introduce myself to these forums. First impression, awesome. lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.