Can I upgrade my macbook memory ram to a Kingston Hyperx?

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I would like to know if a Kingston memory hyperx KHX1066C5s3k2/4gx is compatible with my mackbook version 10.6.4 snow leopard which comes with 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3.

I know that kingston produces an specific memory for each mac but I like to see if a hyperx memory could improve the performance above the traditional choice

My main issue started since I got parallels software installed in order to run windows on my mac, as a result, my laptop had become very slow.

Should I buy the standard 4gb 1066 ram or should I go for a hyperx memory?

Thanks a lot

Carlos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
We need to know what model MacBook you have. Click on the Apple logo in the top left hand corner, then click on About This Mac, then click on More Info and give us the text in the box for Model Identifier.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Um is the overclocked RAM? You won't be able to overclock the RAM because Macs don't have a BIOS. That's where you would setup the timings and stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.