office for mac 2011

Reaction score
I have tried to install office for mac (2011) but the installation won't go through because it says Safari is running, but my Safari is not running, nor do I have any other applications open that might run it.

I have tried to send Safari to trash and my mac will not trash it because it says it is running, even when it is not on and even when my airport is not on so that it can't run.

I use Safari 5.03 and OS X (version 10.6.5) on my Macbook Pro (2009)- the shop I bought the office for mac - got it to work fine on the latest Macbook Pro, but it still does not work on my macbook.

I phoned Microsoft and they took details and then put me through to another switchboard reply service which stated that their phone are not working and could not respond to queries and cut off.

Does anyone have an answer to this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Do you have an older version of Office on the MBP, including Trial Versions?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Take a look in Activity Monitor to see if Safari is running. The process is called Safari so it should be easy to find. If it's there, select it and click "Quit Process."

OP
A
Reaction score
I don't have any older versions of office - personally when I moved over to a Mac I was intending to ditch Microsoft altogether I only need it because everyone else uses it and I need to share files

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved. Thread does not belong in "MacWorld".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.