• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPhone 5 Leak

C

chas_m

You have "heard" wrong. I travel all over the US and AT&T seems fine to me wherever I go. I'm quite happy with their service to date.

I just wanted to second this. I've never had an issue with AT&T in the years I've been with them. I'm not doubting people who say they've had problems -- particularly in NYC and SF -- I'm just saying I've been coast to coast all over the US (34 states) and not had any issues.

I know very little about Verizon never having used them, but I'm all for more carriers carrying the iPhone. Here in Canada, EVERY cell phone company carries the iPhone, I see little reason why most US companies couldn't either.

As for Yahoo, they can't monitor everything that people upload or post so using their "integrity" as evidence of authenticity is a bit silly.

More like "laughable." That's like saying everything posted on Google is true. :)

Reaction score
Resorting a "Kool-Aid" comment? That's mature.

Apple always gets their way, or you don't get to play on their field. Period. Why do think they went to AT&T after VZW turned them down?

We'll see what we see on Tuesday, if there is anything to see at all.

Apple went with AT&T (after Verizon said no) because no other carrier could handle the iPhone on their network or have the distribution means to handle that many devices at launch.... Besides they are the # 2 carrier in the US. AT&T needed the iPhone and was very willing to make the sacrifices it did to be the first US carrier to offer the iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Apple went with AT&T (after Verizon said no) because no other carrier could handle the iPhone on their network or have the distribution means to handle that many devices at launch.... Besides they are the # 2 carrier in the US. AT&T needed the iPhone and was very willing to make the sacrifices it did to be the first US carrier to offer the iPhone.

Which proves exactly nothing other than VZW knew they made a huge mistake but it was way too late. VZW would likely play ball with Steve on this one, just to get some customers back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
OK, you heard it here second...

I WAS WRONG...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
OK, you heard it here second...

I WAS WRONG...

Yeah, but who can blame you for being skeptical with as many times as the media has cried "wolf" about a Verizon iPhone? I had my doubts too. Was waiting to see it with my own eyes before I bought the hype. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Yeah, but who can blame you for being skeptical with as many times as the media has cried "wolf" about a Verizon iPhone? I had my doubts too. Was waiting to see it with my own eyes before I bought the hype. ;)

I agree 100%. We all wanted to wait for the proof of this after all the false predictions on this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.