• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPhone 5 Leak

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Reaction score
Does anyone really think Apple is going to give the announcement to VZW? REALLY? That should set off Alarm Bells all over. No ONE advertises Apples products except Apple. Come on, Steve has more flair than that..

Its very possible Verizon told Apple it will announce it and not apple. Verizon does not need apple to sell more phones, they have been doing really well with Android devices. Remember when Verizon backed out of the original deal and ATT got the iphone, the heads at Verizon were not worried one bit that they decided to NOT to deal with Apple.
If anyone needs to sell phones, its Apple and with out Verizon they dont have much of a chance, so steve probablly lost some of his flair

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I'd be more apt to believe that it's a new iPad rather than phone at this point. But that's just more speculation and I don't care either way really.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
And this quote from the Comments i think hit the nail on the head

Kevin Says :
Leaked? really? seems to me its a pretty clever advertising to get everyone's attention and get people wanting the next new thing!

If its true or not, you now see why  dont need advertising or a stand at the CES

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Its very possible Verizon told Apple it will announce it and not apple. Verizon does not need apple to sell more phones, they have been doing really well with Android devices. Remember when Verizon backed out of the original deal and ATT got the iphone, the heads at Verizon were not worried one bit that they decided to NOT to deal with Apple.
If anyone needs to sell phones, its Apple and with out Verizon they dont have much of a chance, so steve probablly lost some of his flair

Once again, your ignorance of how Apple/Steve do things is showing.

Apple is a control freak when it comes to products and I can guarantee even if VZW holds the event, it will be Steve who makes the announcement. It will either be Apples way or the highway for VZW, period.

As for the head at VZW when they declined Apples original offer, well, he got booted by his own board for declining the deal and even admitted it was a huge mistake. You really need to do more research on this topic and Apple in general if you're going to continue to make statements like that.

VZW will likely do whatever Apple want to get the iPhone, if not then they won't get it.

Reaction score
Once again, your ignorance of how Apple/Steve do things is showing.

Apple is a control freak when it comes to products and I can guarantee even if VZW holds the event, it will be Steve who makes the announcement. It will either be Apples way or the highway for VZW, period.

As for the head at VZW when they declined Apples original offer, well, he got booted by his own board for declining the deal and even admitted it was a huge mistake. You really need to do more research on this topic and Apple in general if you're going to continue to make statements like that.

VZW will likely do whatever Apple want to get the iPhone, if not then they won't get it.

me thinks the apple cool aid you are drinking has poisoned your judgement. Verizon is a very tough company and is used to getting things their way. So which one will win the battle? Im betting on Verizon, after all it was them that sent out the invites to the event that is in New York which Verizon said it would be held

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Resorting a "Kool-Aid" comment? That's mature.

Apple always gets their way, or you don't get to play on their field. Period. Why do think they went to AT&T after VZW turned them down?

We'll see what we see on Tuesday, if there is anything to see at all.

Reaction score
If Apple really is making a different iPhone model for Verizon, then it's possible they removed the front camera because Verizon doesn't want the inevitable Facetime strain on their network. We've seen how AT&T can barely handle the iPhone; Verizon probably doesn't want the same outcome.

It could also be a "business friendly" iPhone with no camera for companies that don't allow camera phones. RIM has several Blackberries(?) with a camera-free option.

Reaction score
If Apple really is making a different iPhone model for Verizon, then it's possible they removed the front camera because Verizon doesn't want the inevitable Facetime strain on their network. We've seen how AT&T can barely handle the iPhone; Verizon probably doesn't want the same outcome.

Apple would never do away with Facetime. It's turning out to be what was expected of it- face to face video calling. WiFi only was simply because AT&T's network would not handle it- remember the strains from activation the first time around? Verizon's network might be more apt to handling it, but only time will tell.

It could also be a "business friendly" iPhone with no camera for companies that don't allow camera phones. RIM has several Blackberries(?) with a camera-free option.

I just don't see this at all from Apple. Apple is Apple, their way or the highway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Apple is Apple. But that means that you never can tell whats up... This is the company that had and lost it's advantage once already, fired and rehired it's CEO, and had Bill Gates video-in to one of their big events before. I have no idea what the VZW event will entail, or even if it has anything to do with Apple at all. None of us can really say what Apple or VZW (for that matter) will do, one way or another until it happens. I'm tuning out until Tuesday. Have a nice evening all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Apple isn't likely to be looking to break into the business market with the iPhone. Frankly the idea of Apple releasing a second line of iPhones with a different configuration is fairly ludicrous. They seem to be sticking to the KISS principal pretty well and I don't see them changing that now. Then again, anything could happen with Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
I think it's more likely to be parts from the Verizon iPhone 4 then the iPhone 5.

I hope so. I just recently got around to buying an iPhone 4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just curious... what is so bad about them?

IMO, nothing. Their service is good, their customer service is far better than anything I ever got from VZW and their store sales people are far better than any I ever encountered at VZW. Switching to AT&T was a huge eye opener for me and all around they seem to be what VZW always advertised but never was.

Reaction score
IMO, nothing. Their service is good, their customer service is far better than anything I ever got from VZW and their store sales people are far better than any I ever encountered at VZW. Switching to AT&T was a huge eye opener for me and all around they seem to be what VZW always advertised but never was.

Funny. My Dad sees the opposite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Apple isn't likely to be looking to break into the business market with the iPhone. Frankly the idea of Apple releasing a second line of iPhones with a different configuration is fairly ludicrous. They seem to be sticking to the KISS principal pretty well and I don't see them changing that now. Then again, anything could happen with Apple.

I think they will break into the business market. With the exact same phone everyone else uses. Just promote the business apps and remote server access and all that kind of stuff. That's the good thing about Apple. Same phone, a million different uses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think they will break into the business market. With the exact same phone everyone else uses. Just promote the business apps and remote server access and all that kind of stuff. That's the good thing about Apple. Same phone, a million different uses.

There I don't disagree with you, I just don't see another version of the iPhone for business use being fielded.

Funny. My Dad sees the opposite.

You hear horror stories about all the carriers out there, doesn't mean any of them are bad all the way around. It's just individual experiences. VZWs service is good from my experience, I just never felt like I got my moneys worth from them. iPhone or no, I won't be switching back in the foreseeable future.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.