Updated to 10.6.6 but no mac store?

Reaction score
Sorry bit of a new mac user.
Ive updated to Mac OS X 10.6.6 (10J537), but cant find the new app store. Looked for software updates. Have restarted...nothing?
What am i missing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
It will be in your Applications folder.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If the update was successful, it should have installed an icon on your Dock that looks like a blue circle with a white border and a large "A" in the center of it. Otherwise, open the Finder and click on the Applications folder. Look for an application called "App Store.app".

To make sure you're running 10.6.6, click on the Apple and then click on "About This Mac". What does it say?

OP
M
Reaction score
nothing in applications. Definately running 10.6.6
Should i uninstall and reinstall? how do i do that?

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.6 (10J537)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Isn't 10J537 a development build that was released last month? My build obtained today from software update is 10J567. Try to re-download here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Don't know about the development build.... and not going to question it, but this is the 10.6.6 update with the App store.
Mac OS X v10.6.6 Update

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Good catch John! Looks like someone was doing her a "favor" and installed the developer version instead of the gold release.

OP
M
Reaction score
so i just download that one over the top of the other one?

it was my computer repairman too dodgyyyyy

thanks guys

OP
M
Reaction score
:( this volume doesnt meet the requirements. can i uninstall that dodgy version first somehow?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
About the only way you can uninstall the developer's version is to revert back to before you updated. Do you have a Time Machine backup or other backup? Otherwise you may have to do a reinstall with your original Snow Leopard DVD. Snow Leopard will automatically do an Archive and Install which will preserve your data and applications. See this LINK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook6,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook6,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp
:( this volume doesnt meet the requirements. can i uninstall that dodgy version first somehow?

Use an external HDD as a backup destination for Time Machine. Back up your computer files (exclude the system folder and any other folders you choose to exclude) and backup. It may take a while if this is your first backup. After it backs up, use the disks that came with your computer. Boot off of the OS X disk and select "Disk Utility" under the Utilities Menu. If you only have one partition, then just reformat your HDD. If not, wipe the partition Mac OS X is stored on. Then, install Snow Leopard from the disks and restore your Time Machine backup. Make sure everything goes smoothly, and then just run Software Update and update your computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.