IPad to Apple TV

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've just been wondering - does anyone know of a way to stream an IPad display directly to an Apple TV box using AirPlay? I know that you can stream videos, but this functionality would be more useful for a working environment.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hi all,
I've just been wondering - does anyone know of a way to stream an IPad display directly to an Apple TV box using AirPlay? I know that you can stream videos, but this functionality would be more useful for a working environment.

I assume that by "directly", you mean not via a Wi-Fi network. At the moment, not that I know of. HOWEVER… there may be something to look forward to. The Verizon iPhone will be shipping with an update to iOS that will allow using those devices as a wireless hotspot. *If* that feature carries over to the iPad, then you should be able to create a hotspot with your iPad, connect the ATV to that for your personal wireless network, then AirPlay away. When that update is coming, I don't know, nor do I know if this only will work with 3G devices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
You could pick up the component or composite cable kit in the Apple Store to connect your iPad to the TV.
I haven't tried this, so I don't know if it will only play videos/photos or if you can just use the TV as an external display. Maybe look at some of the reviews and do some more research into that???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.