please help mouse problem

Reaction score
i have an ibook g4 running osx 10.4 heres the weird part the laptop worked great untill i had a hard drive go bad ive replaced it and reinstalled 10.4 with the retail dvd and all is well other than no mouse at all if i plug in a usb mouse it works fine and if i hold the option key down during boot to bring up the boot choices the touchpad works fine it also works fine in ubuntu but not under osx

please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums
Have you tried seeing if there are any updates since re-installing from the DVD?

- Simon

OP
I
Reaction score
no i havent yet because as of now i have no usb mouse and my wireless router isnt working and also my onboard nic is broke off lol. ive had this problem for awhile now it has me stumped even when i boot from the install dvd the first thing that comes up is a picture tellin me to install batteries and turn on my wireless mouse as if i was on a desktop....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I would suggest a re-install, there could have been problems whilst installing.

- Simon

OP
I
Reaction score
ya i thought so too but everytime i start the installation it tell me to install batteries and turn on the mouse in the very beginning of the osx install so its not detecting the mouse but it does at boot selection and in ubuntu.....is there anything in open firmware that could do this? just running out of ideas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
For a G4 always keep on hand a USB keyboard and mouse for clean install, running AHT etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.