OpenCL on Intel Core 2 duo CPU work group size

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM DDR3, Mac OS X (10.6.5), NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Hello,

I am using Apple Macbook pro with NVIDIA Geforce 320M and Intel 2.66GHz core 2 duo and want to use opencl on CPU and GPU. it works fine except one problem while running OpenCL on CPU:
The work group size returned by OpenCL device query is 1 which means that there will be one thread in a thread block. So how could I do e.g. reduction operation and lot of other kernels where we need to have more work-items in a work-group even with CPU OpenCL implementation? Please tell me as I could not found any help on this??

Thanks in advance!

--
Usman.

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM DDR3, Mac OS X (10.6.5), NVIDIA GeForce 320M
OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OpenCL on OS 10.6 (Intel Core 2 duo)

Hello,

I got Apple Macbook pro with NVIDIA Geforce 320M and Intel 2.66GHz core 2 duo with OS X 10.6 and want to use OpenCL on CPU and GPU.

It worked fine so far except one problem while running OpenCL on CPU:
The work group size returned by OpenCL device query is 1 which means that there will be one thread in a thread block. This is going to be a major problem as how could I do e.g. reduction operation and lot of other kernels where we need to have more work-items in a work-group even with CPU OpenCL implementation? Please tell me as I could not found any help on this??

Thanks in advance!

--
Usman.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Please do not crosspost. It won't really help. I would think without a single response in 5 days, there may not be anyone here that can help with this issue.

I would suggest you head for either the Apple or the nVidia developer forums with this question.

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Really sorry for that.

But this question is specific to Apple OpenCL so I could not get any answers from NVIDIA or from ATI OpenCL group.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.