app that sends texts without wifi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
does anyone know if there is an app where you can send texts or call people without having to use wifi or 3g?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
So... you're looking for an app that can send data without having any access to any kind of network?

OP
T
Reaction score
ya....i didnt know if there was one or if its possible, thats why i asked the question, and thats what forums are for, to ask questions and help other people

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
ya....i didnt know if there was one or if its possible, thats why i asked the question, and thats what forums are for, to ask questions and help other people

Yeah, I get it, just wanted to make sure I understand.

No, its not possible. You need a way for the message to get from your device to another, and that means having a network connection of some sort.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
does anyone know if there is an app where you can send texts or call people without having to use wifi or 3g?

Is highly unlikely if it has no wifi or 3g how will it transmit the data?

Its like saying "I want to listen to music without any medium to play it on" by putting a cd up to my ear.

OP
T
Reaction score
ok thanks...i didnt think there was but i just wanted to make sure....theres probably no way to "hack" 3g with an ipod touch is there?....probably a dumb question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Not sure what you mean by "hack" but you can use a MiFi device to access a 3g network and send texts etc

OP
T
Reaction score
i mean is there any way to use the 3g network without paying for it and with out having iphone....i know about mifi but i dont have any devices that i can use it with

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
This is a weird thread....

Someone wants to send texts with no network connection then want to hack a 3G network with no device...

i mean is there any way to use the 3g network without paying for it and with out having iphone....i know about mifi but i dont have any devices that i can use it with

Discussing something like that is a violation of forum policy.

OP
T
Reaction score
This is a weird thread....

Someone wants to send texts with no network connection then want to hack a 3G network with no device...

Discussing something like that is a violation of forum policy.

ok...sorry i didnt know it was a violation, no one told me, and im not gonna go read the whole policy

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
ok...sorry i didnt know it was a violation, no one told me, and im not gonna go read the whole policy

Perhaps you should read it before posting again as we do not allow any discussion of illegal activities.

OP
T
Reaction score
im sorry but i am not reading the policy, not everyone wants to go and read a bunch of stuff, i wont talk about it anymore, but i dont see how asking if there is any way to get free 3g is illegal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Wow. LerLz. This thread has made my day thus far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
im sorry but i am not reading the policy, not everyone wants to go and read a bunch of stuff, i wont talk about it anymore, but i dont see how asking if there is any way to get free 3g is illegal

Its using someones network without their permission or any benefit to them in terms of payment for what you use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
im sorry but i am not reading the policy, not everyone wants to go and read a bunch of stuff

Ok, that's not going to help you. If you "dont wanna read a bunch of stuff" that can potentially help you then you should probably just not bother posting again.

i wont talk about it anymore, but i dont see how asking if there is any way to get free 3g is illegal

You said:

i mean is there any way to use the 3g network without paying for it and with out having iphone

Which sounded like you meant that you wanted to use a pay service without paying for it. If that's not what you meant, then you need to learn to be more clear when you type things out.

I have heard of no 'free' 3G service out there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Hi tuner1406, just to sum up what everyone is saying, is that you do need some type of data connection to send data from point A to point B. There are no free 3G networks as far as any of us are aware and hacking AT&T's network would be stealing, which we do not endorse in these forums and which I am sure when you look at it in the sense of stealing, you might not want to do it either due to the moral and ethical concerns.

Sorry about the "tone" in this thread. Sometimes we get people that are just trying to game the system and are malicious and other times we get people that really do not know and understand how things work which sounds like you might be in that camp. The first type of person is frustrating, the second type sometimes gets the frustration from the first type.

Again sorry about the tone of the thread and we hope you have lots more questions that we can help you with!

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
im sorry but i am not reading the policy, not everyone wants to go and read a bunch of stuff...
But when you signed up, you checked a little box that said you agreed to follow all of the rules for the forum.

If you are just going to post anything you want without reading the rules, don't be surprised if you attempt to log on one day and see something like this --

ban.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Im closing this thread since nothing more needs to be said. The original poster gets the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.