Apple TV 2 - Not connecting to wi-fi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Hi guys.
I am finally getting around to setting up my Apple TV, but have encountered a problem.
It will not, no matter how many times I try, recognise my WPA password.
I have no unusual characters really, a couple of # and &, but nothing that's not on the virtual keypad, so I am stumped.
My iPod touch and laptop are connected no problem at all, and the iMac connects if I take the ethernet cable out, so I know the password is right.
I really don't want to reset the password either, so does anyone else have any clues, or even come across this with theirs.
Cheers for any responses. (Kev, getting progressively bald from hair pulling)

OP
Kevriano
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Solved this, so could a mod delete it please.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We could delete it, but why don't you tell us how you resolved the problem as it may benefit someone else - and will show up in a forum search.

OP
Kevriano
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I solved it by actually entering the code correctly (blush).

I have my code in text document for reminder, and on the document lower case i and upper case l look the same. I chose the wrong one (slaps forehead in moment of dimness).

Now I know you won't delete it because you want people to mock me and my idiocy :D

Cue laughter and finger pointing....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.