Help needed with OS 10.5.8

Reaction score
Hi to all. I am new to this forum and I need some help. I installed Leopard with my cd 10.5 in my PowerMac G5 - Dual 2.5GHz.
It installed with no problem. When I check for software update it says there is an upgrade to 10.5.8 and I downloaded with no problem (700+ MB).
I did the upgrade and the mac reboots and when it says "configuring installation", it freezes for ever. I have to turn off the mac with the power button. I installed the other updates (quicktime and itunes 10.1.1) that appeard with this upgrade. But the OS, no way.
I will appreciate your help.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
A lot of Mac users do not recommend updating the OS using Software Update, as it can sometimes cause problems.

Download the Combo Update from here and see if it works.
Mac OS X 10.5.8 Combo Update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
A lot of Mac users do not recommend updating the OS using Software Update, as it can sometimes cause problems.
[/url]

To me, that's like saying some people don't drive, because sometimes cars crash into you. I've used Software Update for everything Apple and never had a problem.

knock
wood

Get it? (kind of like toMACsh)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.