the apple logo on the back of laptops.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
what you reckon i should cover it up with? i think people should be less concerned with how the laptop looks and more interested in how it works. however i cant think of anything to put over it! :D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
what you reckon i should cover it up with? i think people should be less concerned with how the laptop looks and more interested in how it works. however i cant think of anything to put over it! :D

Duct tape!...you didn't say it had to look "pretty"!;)

6a00d8341c4ec753ef013486306a6f970c-300wi

Using the same logic...people shouldn't be concerned with how "pretty" a laptop looks & more interested in how it works"...so "duct tape" would be a great way to cover up the Apple logo.

- Nick

OP
robduckyworth

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
haha thats a good plan but i want to share the message! ;)

OP
robduckyworth

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"stop caring about how it looks" :)

OP
robduckyworth

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for the idea though mate!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"stop caring about how it looks" :)

I see.:) Your initial post just mentioned wanting to cover up the Apple logo (thus my reply regarding duct tape). If your true goal is to cover up the logo...while at the same time sending a message...then that's not what your initial post says.;)

By the way...by doing this...you may actually bring more attention to the Apple logo (by covering it up)...since interested folks may ask what logo are you covering up (and then you will have to honestly answer "Apple")...so you may have a self-defeating project.

Also...Apple only has about a 10% share of the total computer market. Close to 90% is dominated by Windows computers. So if you want to make a "bigger splash" with this project...cover up a Dell, HP, Toshiba, Sony, etc. logo!;)

- Nick

OP
robduckyworth

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
youve got a point there! but also, how would i tell which laptop is mine if it was next to a 100 macbooks?

and i hardly know anyone with a PC, i can see macs becoming the new standard, at the rate they are popping up where i am.

im looking for some duct tape now haha.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
youve got a point there! but also, how would i tell which laptop is mine if it was next to a 100 macbooks?

Ideas:

- You could apply a semi-unique or totally unique laptop skin
- Although I don't recommend it...you could custom paint your MacBook
- I've seen some folks get REALLY crazy with different colors of finger nail polish
- I've also seen folks mess around with custom lighting...where the Apple logo "glows" a different color than white

and i hardly know anyone with a PC, i can see macs becoming the new standard, at the rate they are popping up where i am.

Maybe so...depends where you're hanging out! BELIEVE ME...Windows laptops are out there...and they GREATLY outnumber Macintosh laptops!;) Try looking at what laptops employees at just about any Fortune 500 company are carrying/using!

im looking for some duct tape now haha.

Ha ha!:) You don't need much...maybe if you see someone with a roll...they're let you have 3"-6" of it for free!:)

- Nick

OP
robduckyworth

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hahah i think ill go with the duct tape, i have just found some!

thats really interesting about the glowing apple though, how did they manage that?

haha i suppose i would be more likely to see macs, seeing as im studying music technology at uni....

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thats really interesting about the glowing apple though, how did they manage that?

I'm not sure exactly how it's done...but I know folks have done it. Give Google a try.

haha i suppose i would be more likely to see macs, seeing as im studying music technology at uni....

Yes...but unless you're planning on spending the rest of your life "studying at University" or teaching...once you get into the "real world"...you're very likely to see Windows laptops.;)

Yes...there is life after graduation!;) Ha ha!

- Nick

OP
robduckyworth

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
haha thanks for all the suggestions people. :)

i look forward to seeing all these windows machines..... "real world" here i come!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
i look forward to seeing all these windows machines..... "real world" here i come!

You'll laugh when you see how clunky some of these netbooks and notebooks look.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Um....

Am I the only one seeing the contradiction and irony here ?

i think I should be less concerned with how the laptop looks and more interested in how it works

I fixed that for you, by the way.

No one really gives a rat's patoot about how your laptop looks. You're projecting your discomfort on others because you feel like the masses which surround you might be either jealous or simply blindly bitter because of a brand name.

Get over it, they mean nothing to you.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Stickers and tape will not help anyone that knows computers will be able to spot a MacBook/Pro from several yards away.

OP
robduckyworth

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
okay doug, sorry i sound bitter, but there are just a number of reasons i don't like it on there.

yeah, i dont want it to be a clone. windows computers have a certain uniqueness to them, even if they are ugly. with a mac you can hardly do anything. its all locked, and you cant change anything with it. i suppose that would be the main reason i want to change it.

but i also think people relate quality with branding, and i have seen people flaunting theres around before, "i have a Mac!" and so forth.

i really should have elaborated my reasoning in my first post, now i look back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.