Windows Security in Bootcamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Mac OSX 10.58 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz Memo
Hello all.

After a few small hiccups I have Windows partitioned on my MacBook Pro. Should I download some kind of Antivirus software on my Windows side? And id so, any recommendations on what program?

Thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Very definitely install AV software! And make sure your firewall is up and active.

I recommend downloading and installing the free Microsoft Security Essentials. It has received good reviews. LINK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
To add to what chscag said, installing Windows means that any precautions and regular maintenance a person would normally take on their Windows PCs should also be done. Installing Windows on a Mac doesn't magically protect a person from any Windows problems.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Mac OSX 10.58 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz Memo
Thank you

Thank for your replies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late '09 Macbook Pro 13"
Very definitely install AV software! And make sure your firewall is up and active.

I recommend downloading and installing the free Microsoft Security Essentials. It has received good reviews. LINK

FWIW, I have been using MSE on my PC for approx. 1 year, and have found it to be very good, and light on resources. The fact that it's free makes it that much better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.