Disable Vodafone Mobile Broadband from startup

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

A couple of days ago, I installed Vodafone Mobile Broadband to have internet access on holidays. And I want to keep it installed, so next holidays I won't have to reinstall the application.

The problem is it starts up with OSX, and it's processes are consuming 10.6MB of physical memory! Since I only use the application sporadically, it doesn't make sense keeping it running everyday.

The application itself doesn't allow to remove it from startup. I've tried the Login Items in System Preferences, but it's not there also...

Does anyone know how can I disable this application from starting up?
Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
If there is no option to disable it at login from the login items screen, then there could either be an option in the program itself to disable it from starting automatically or there could be its own preferences pane in System Preferences.
Hope this helps.

- Simon

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Buzzard! But this application doesn't have it's own preference pane in System preferences, and has I already said, the application itself doesn't allow to disable it from startup...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Have a look in /System/Library/StartupItems to see if there is any mention of the application in there.

- Simon

Reaction score
Hi, using CleanMyMac2 you can go in to Extensions and remove the Vodafone extension. Worked perfectly for me.

M

MacInWin

Using CleanMyMac can lead to a host of other problems. I recommend against it. Did the program come with an uninstaller? BTW, 10MB of memory is not a huge amount, unless you are really tight for memory. It might be best to just let it go.

Reaction score
hmmm - I have experienced no problems and have used this program for years...

and yes it has an uninstaller - which did not remove the extension, but the extension remover did...

Reaction score
which did not remove the extension, but the extension remover did...

I hope you're not referring to CleanMyMac? If so, we'll probably hear from you again, probably in a "I have a virus" thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.