• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What Happens When You Steal a Hacker’s Mac

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Learned some pretty cool things. Like don't [insert expletive here] with a hacker's machine. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
LOL! Awesome!

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Makes me wish I could be that cool of a hacker...or at least know how to do what he did.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Makes me wish I could be that cool of a hacker...or at least know how to do what he did.

Not sure if I should feel sorry for the guy that stole his machine or not, cause he totally got pwn3d for life with all his personal info like posted like that.

Some of those pics were pretty lewd too. >_>"

I guess he kind of brought it on himself first for invading and stealing someone else's stuff.

VEG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook air 13" Iphone 5
That is so funny :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Nice find mate . .. . . I actually saw this cpl months ago. I do believe there is a link here somewhere and im sure the8thark posted it in a thread . . . Not trying to burst your bubble ;P .... It was funny but im embarrassed by the dudes (aussie) accent lol

It made me cringe . . . . What made me laugh though is that this Hacker The cyber criminal of the web still needed police to get it back lol Well i find that funny anyways ;P

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Nice and all..but this is by no means a true "hacker" feat..since the machine had both SSH and VNC available..and since the user account was available, more than anything once the guy figured out the IP address of the machine in it's new home..accessing it was just about the same thing I do with my Mac at home..

Either way..dumb thief and worse schmuck who bought this Mac..

Regards

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Nice find mate . .. . . I actually saw this cpl months ago. I do believe there is a link here somewhere and im sure the8thark posted it in a thread . . . Not trying to burst your bubble ;P .... It was funny but im embarrassed by the dudes (aussie) accent lol

It made me cringe . . . . What made me laugh though is that this Hacker The cyber criminal of the web still needed police to get it back lol Well i find that funny anyways ;P

Really? That article was written just a day ago. Or was it another article? Because I usually look up articles before posting a new one, and didn't find anything on this...I know the8thark usually posts everything...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Ill do a search this arvo mate Just going to work now .. .. . . . It could of been a link in a article or something but i did read it before christmas sometime . . . Good find and article though :)

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Ill do a search this arvo mate Just going to work now .. .. . . . It could of been a link in a article or something but i did read it before christmas sometime . . . Good find and article though :)

oh...no hurries:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Good article. Interesting thing about keychain/keylogger - it was at the end of the video but he pointed out that If you use a password program - then you aren't typing in passwords for keyloggers to grab. I agree with him in that I am not comfortable with keychain as it is a single point of failure. I have started using 1Password - which is also a single point of failure - but I'm giving it a shot anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im back . . . Would you believe it rained out today :(

Anyways i did find it mate, and im not sure how i got there originally.
It is on the Gizmodo ~ Australia; What happens when you steal a hackers Mac. Was posted on the 24th Dec ..... Hmmm pretty sure i read it earlier than that but anyways lol Still a good article and Kudos to you for posting it :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
That was pretty **** funny, would have loved to see the dudes reaction when the owner used text to speech to send him a little message!

.... It was funny but im embarrassed by the dudes (aussie) accent lol

I'm with you TattooedMac with the accent thing, weird!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.9.4 MacBook Pro 15" 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Thoroughly enjoyed that... even with the Aussie x American accent.
Would have paid to have seen the police raid on worlds dumbest criminals. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.