old 60 GB iPod won't take music

Reaction score
I have an old 60GB iPod don't know what gereration it is and I keep getting this error msg. "The iPod is connected to a low-speed USB 1.1 port. For better performance, you should connect it to a high-speed USB 2.0 port, if oneis available". I tried all USB ports 2 in the front and one in back and I keep getting the "do Not disconnect" and it says it synced but no new music was copied over. and I don't get the large interface window when it is syncing. I have a mac intel with 9GB ram and latest Snow leopard and latest iTunes. Help please I'm trying to copy some inspirational music for my Grand Daughter 5yr old who has Lukemia and is going in for treatment.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like you have an older iPod classic 60 GB. Have you tried resetting it in iTunes? As long as the logic board on the iPod is OK and functioning you should be able to reset it to the latest software available for it. Then try again. If you're still getting the error, it may be time to purchase a new iPod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.