• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

making video_ts & audio _ts folders

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro. 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 4GB RAM.
nooB question...but i'm using FFmpegX and i was wondering how to make a v_ts and a_ts folder? i have no idea what the export setting should be at to create these folders. thanx for any and all suggestions/ answers.

Reaction score
Here you are:

http://homepage.mac.com/major4/dvd_sub.html#opening

This will sort you out.

Incidentally, I'm trying to create a DVD from a number of different music video files I have. When I encode each of them using the above method I end up with, say, 5 different sets of video and audio TS folders.

Is it the case that I simply dump all the folders in toast to create the DVD or do I have to do something to place them all in the one folder??? Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

** sorry to post within your post as it were!! **

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
_humfy said:
Here you are:

This will sort you out.

Incidentally, I'm trying to create a DVD from a number of different music video files I have. When I encode each of them using the above method I end up with, say, 5 different sets of video and audio TS folders.

Is it the case that I simply dump all the folders in toast to create the DVD or do I have to do something to place them all in the one folder??? Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

dumping it all in one folder will create a mess, and the videos probably wont play since everything is named the same, ie, video_01.vob, etc, you will need something like dvd studio pro or idvd to make them all onto one dvd.

OP
munkism
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
_humfy said:
Here you are:

This will sort you out.

thanx a bunch...this little page helped me out tremendously.....now to go and try it [with crossed fingers] and hopefully i'll come out with some DVDs to watch. :smile:

Reaction score
Macman said:
dumping it all in one folder will create a mess, and the videos probably wont play since everything is named the same, ie, video_01.vob, etc, you will need something like dvd studio pro or idvd to make them all onto one dvd.

Cheers for the advice! Appreciated.

OP
munkism
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
can someone help me with this delema....i created v_ts and audio_ts files as prescribed by the link that Humfy gave....everything burned cleanly, but now when i insert the DVD into my standalone DVD player (which does support DVDRs), is says that the disk cannot be played. i burned the disk with the UDF tab checked, so i'm back to square one. can someone help??

OP
munkism
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
also...i had more than one video and audio per disk.....in essence, i have like 4 clips (all .mov converted to .mpg) that i created audio and video folders for, and placed them on the same disk. can i do this without any problems or should i not have done that??

Reaction score
I'm thinking, as the mighty Macman stated, that, in order to burn multiple files, you need to use iDVD or similar. As far as I can see ffmpegx will not allow you to encode multiple files into one v_TS folder (though I'd love to be corrected on that one).

Is iDVD 5 is compatible with external burners?

S

SumKindOMonster

To encode multiple files with ffmpegx, you will need to go to the "Tools" tab. You would look at the "Video Tools" section and select the files you want to encode (it looks like you can only encode three files at a time) and click on the "Join" button. If I remember, the new file should be in the directory where you selected the files from.

Reaction score
Thanks, SumKind, I had noticed that, but I think you're right and it only applies to 3 files.

Shame really, because ffMpegx has been really useful for encoding just single files and it appears to be fairly rapid and doesn't slow things down too much.

I went out and bought DVD Studio Pro yesterday, though I haven't figured it out just yet, but hopefully that should solve all my woes!

Munkism, sorry for hijacking the thread!!

...and.. thanks to everyone for the great advice (excellant forum), I'm sure I'll be creating fantastic DVD's come the fall!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.