Finally bought an iBook

K

kypris

Here I am, long-time (well, long enough in my short life so far) Windows user, about to enter university... and I finally bought myself a Mac! I used to hate Macs, but no wonder, considering the old things we had to use in school computer labs. However, having had the chance to use a friend's iMac G5 for a week, I have been converted, even so much as to admit that the one-button mouse (for most applications) doesn't bother me.

So I placed my order for a new iBook last night, and I think I'm going to go crazy waiting for it to arrive! Good thing I'm going camping soon to distract myself...

And hopefully I won't need to use Windows for anything in university, such as scientific software, because I don't think our old computer can handle it, haha.

More to come when I get my new 'book! As well as an iPod - I splurged since I'll be encoding my music at a higher quality anyway and will want more space.

I'm so excited!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hey congratulations on your new mac,

You won't regret it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Congrats on the new purchase!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
i love my iBook and so will you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i have had my iBook for 6 months now. it is my first mac as well. i love it so much i am trying to get the wife to let me get another one for the house. my iBook is beat up and ugly, but i am rough on it. it still runs great though. make sure you add RAM to it. everyone at my work is a mac hater. just realize that they dont understand the good qualities of a mac. i may have converted a few too. enjoy your iBook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
K

kypris

So just an update, typing from my nice, new, shiny iBook. It took me a couple of days to figure out how to get wireless internet from the linksys router (I got passphrase and key confused, and more!) but now it's all up and running and I'm loving it! I don't hate windows, but I must say I'm more used to OSX than to XP now!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.42Ghz,512 Ram, 80gHD
Mac Mini newbie and lovin' it

Hi kypris, I too just switched to Mac in June and I think it is so great!! I bought a mini instead of an ibook. Budget restraints.. Enjoy!! The wait for the new Mac was hard to endure but worth it. I have been a long time Windows user and I love the fact that I do not have to up date my virus and ad ware software almost daily. Lots to learn about the Mac OS but fun as well. again enjoy. This forum is really helpfull. Mitsycam

OP
M

Merlinblack

Just got my new Powerbook last Wednesday. Took me a bit to get my wireless working as well (name on the mac was too long, D*mn D-Link strait to h*ll). But so far I love it.

I've never used anything but a Windows machine and I don't think that I'll regret getting this mac it was extremly easy to get all my mp3s and whatnot over to the laptop and I'm just having fun learning the ins and outs of mac OS X.

Have fun with you machine this is a worthwhile change.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.