iCal default alarms

Reaction score
Is there any way I can disable ALL default alarms in iCal? In Preferences>General I have unselected "Add a default alarm..." but that only reduces the number of default alarms from three to two. Remaining are a an Email alarm (10 min) and a Message alarm (10 min) which I have to manually disable for each new event. Does this have something to do with my having set the calendar to sync with my gmail calendar?

Thank you!

Sandee

OP
springerrr
Reaction score
Solved!

From another forum:

"In Google Calendar's web interface click the triangle next to the calendar name on the left (where it says "My calendars") and then click on "notifications". In the new window look for the settings for "Event reminders""

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Thought you needed an iCal solution... ???

OP
springerrr
Reaction score
Well...

Sorry, that was a bit cryptic, wasn't it. The guy replying suggested that Yes, the Google configurations are captured in the iCal properties. Turn the notifications off in Google and the alarms will disappear in the iCal settings. I did and they did!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Ah! Ok. Maybe that explanation will help someone with the same problem who finds this thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.