iPhoto + size of pictures

jdm

Reaction score
I just got a new macbook pro and I'm trading in my old mbp, but I only used the iLife 08 version so I'm getting use to all of the new features of the new version, but I was wondering how can I enlarge images in iPhoto when I'm viewing them as a single image.

Thanks for the help.

jdm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
There should be a zoom slider near the bottom of the screen.

OP
J

jdm

Reaction score
Thank you, but I'm talking about when you pick one picture out of all of the pictures and hit the space bar or double click it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
double click it.
And it opens it the Edit window? There should still be a zoom slider if you've got iPhoto set to Edit in the Main Window. If it's set to edit in a seperate window, there is a Size button at the bottom.

OP
J

jdm

Reaction score
I'm not talking about the edit window, which does have the zoom function. I'm talking about when you open an event and see all of the pictures then you double click one picture to view it by itself and you can scroll through with the arrow keys to see the other pictures.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry. Not tried that, and I'm not at my Mac at the moment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
If you are using iPhoto 9, in the bottom left hand corner there is the opportunity to go full screen, ..
As far as I know, that is all there is.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, in iPhoto9(mine is v8.1) in an Events window, if you highlight a picture and hit the spacebar, it expands out. The zoom slider is there(bottom right), but greyed out. There is an Edit button(bottom left), click that and you enter the Edit window, and the zoom slider is there.

Instead of using the Spacebar, you can double click your picture and it goes straight to the edit window, with the zoom slider.

If you select the picture you want, from the iPhoto View menu, choose Full Screen, move the mouse to the bottom of the screen, the zoom slider is there.

I'm talking about when you open an event and see all of the pictures then you double click one picture to view it by itself and you can scroll through with the arrow keys to see the other pictures.
That's the Edit window, you don't get that if you use the Spacebar option.

Of course if you're using iPhoto 11(it always helps to say which version you have), it could well be different.

Reaction score
Ok, in iPhoto9(mine is v8.1) in an Events window, if you highlight a picture and hit the spacebar, it expands out. The zoom slider is there(bottom right), but greyed out. There is an Edit button(bottom left), click that and you enter the Edit window, and the zoom slider is there.

Instead of using the Spacebar, you can double click your picture and it goes straight to the edit window, with the zoom slider.

If you select the picture you want, from the iPhoto View menu, choose Full Screen, move the mouse to the bottom of the screen, the zoom slider is there.

That's the Edit window, you don't get that if you use the Spacebar option.

Of course if you're using iPhoto 11(it always helps to say which version you have), it could well be different.

OP says he has just got a new MBP and has the new version of iPhoto so I am assuming it is iPhoto '11. I think I know what you (OP) are talking about.

Comparing iPhoto '11 to MightyGem's suggestions: The zoom slider is there if you press the edit button. Double clicking doesn't go straight to edit window (for me at least) in iPhoto '11, it has the same action as using the space bar. Going into full screen mode puts the whole app into full screen and not just the picture and there is no slider for zooming in. So basically you can't zoom unless you enter the edit mode.

This has been a rather annoying problem for me a few times.. can see no reason why there is no zoom slider unless you go into edit mode.

OP
J

jdm

Reaction score
Sorry about that, I thought I did tell you what version I'm using. I'm using iphoto '11 version 9.1.1. Also I try double clicking the photo and it does the same thing as the spacebar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm using iphoto '11 version 9.1.1.
That'll be why my advice doesn't work. Sorry.

OP
J

jdm

Reaction score
Sorry, I missed your message. Thanks for pointing it out and answering my question.
jdm

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.