Downloading PDF files opens iTunes

Reaction score
New to Mac-forums and relatively new to using Macs.
I have a MacBook Pro with OS 10.6.5 and iTunes 10.1.1. My problem, which started recently, is that when I download a PDF file from the internet, the file opens iTunes even though the PDF files are set by default to open with Adobe reader. If I go to Finder and click on any PDF document, they open in Adobe reader. I can't find what I have done to cause this. Any help appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums wvbaldy
Right click a .pdf file, click open with, click "other", click on adobe reader the click the check box named always open with, click ok.

Hope this helps

- Simon

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks Simon
I made sure that the "other" was clicked when associating the PDF files with Adobe. As I said before, any PDF file I click on in Finder will open in Adobe Reader. It is only when I download PDF files that they open in iTunes!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
What browser are you using? Are you using Firefox by any chance?

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.