Broken 3GS screen

Reaction score
I received a broken iphone (s) as part of payment for a job I did.

Phone 1: has just a cracked screen and still functions properly.

Phone 2: Has a cracked screen which has caused the display to not work. It powers on but nothing shows when I hit the home button but a white screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz
You have to replace the LCD screen, it's easy if you know what you're doing like I do. You can buy the LCD screen but make sure you get the right one and from a reputable seller.

Be careful when you open and close the phone as the rubber chassis can get caught and break, then you have to replace that, and you have to be careful not to break any of the 3 plugs on the logicboard as well as the glass digitizer.

If you have any other questions let me know, also if you can't fix it yourself let me know as I repair iPhones and can do it for you. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
Generic advice, but do some reasearch on YouTube and buy the screen from Amazon.com. Just make sure you get the 3GS screen because it is different than the 3G screen.

I've replaced two screens on 3G iPhones, and it really isn't that hard. The hardest part is removing the old screen from the plastic frame that holds it. If you're willing to spend some extra money you can get the entire assembly (plastic frame, home button, screen, digitizer) so that you don't have to go through the hassle of melting the old adhesive to remove the cracked screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.