Firefox is awful with Netflix

Reaction score
Firefox will not play netflix streaming smoothly after 15 - 20 minutes, but Safari will play it smooth for hours on end. Whats the issue? anyone else have this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
I use Firefox exclusively as my browser, and have never had a problem with Netflix playing smoothly.

Reaction score
I no longer use Firefox as my primary browser but I've never had a problem with it and Netflix. Actually, when I switched to Chrome and Netflix was problematic, I used Firefox to watch. Now Chrome and Netflix get along great but I still use FF as a backup (which is becoming increasingly rare). Are you using the latest release of FF? What kind of internet connection are you dealing with (primarily what speed)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 13" Macbook Pro
I use firefox as my default browser and usually have no problems with netflix, Although there are a few times where it will get kinda skippy and I have to back out a reload the movie. Not very often though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.