Urgent help needed, any mac book pro owner

Reaction score
Hi, guys i need a huge favor from you.

It appears that my mac has troubles booting up. after i conducted my system files i noticed that some files where missing from a virus attack or some reasons. i need any of you guys who own a mac book pro to copy some files from their mac to my email address. i do not have the system disk with which i could just repair it with but now I’m on vacation.

the files are located in the /private/etc/ directory. if you can i just need you to copy every file in the into some folder on your desktop \, zip it / compress it them email it to me. my email address is [email protected] / mshauny at gmail dot com.

you will need to use terminal to get there. after you started terminal follow this instructions:
type (on terminal screen)
cd /private/etc/ (this will change the working directory to the path specified)
cp *.* /home/yourusername/desktop/foldername/ (or any other directory you can access) (this command will copy every file in there so you can send it to me later)
then you can go to the folder using your mouse,zip it then email it to me.

I'll return a favor for anyone who helps me, I'm a programmer and web desinger. i can help you out with anything you need

thank you

OP
M
Reaction score
MAC files

Hi

guys i need files from a mac that reside inside the /private/etc/ directory.
anyone who has a working macbook pro, and willing to help please post

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Merged duplicate threads.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.