iPod Mini does not work

C

code777

my GF's new iPod mini is "frozen". Will not re-set and the backlight will not turn off. Its stuck in limbo. Before bringing it back in but wasn't sure if anyone else experienced this??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
that happens everyonce in a while for me

i just drain the battery out then it works fine....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
This happened to my gf's mini several times-- we traced it back to a song that was encoded badly, because every time she played this particular track the iPod froze.

Follow the instructions on this page.

Pay close attention to see if the problem reappears under specific circumstances (e.g., playing a particular track), and you may be able to isolate the problem.

Before sending it back, I would also recommend running the iPod Software Updater and wipe the 'pod clean and reloading it.

You didn't mention how old the iPod is, but if it's under a year you're still under warranty. After going through the steps above, I would recommend calling Apple Support.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
I just had the same problem with mine last night, got stuck at the beginning of a song and wouldn't do anything. Let the battery drain and power off and recharged and it is good to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.