>>>>PLEASE READ<<<< iMac file sharing

Reaction score
Hello!

I am having trouble transferring a specific file from my iMac (mid-2007 w/ 10.6.5 OSX) to my Macbook Pro (current model, w/ 10.6.5 OSX). I don't want to do migration assistant to my Macbook, because there is a ton of information on my iMac. So, I dragged the file to my iMAc's public folder.
I opened my macbook and clicked my iMac's HD through shared in finder. I can do this file sharing through wireless internet (Apple Airport extreme). When I clicked the public folder (the only viewable through fileshare) and it opened, but it made the loading icon with no success and never loaded. I CAN view this public folder AND the file on my other 3 macs I have in my house, but my macbook can't. So I copied the file onto one of my other iMacs, and put it into it's public folder. I could view the public folder AND its contents of this other iMac on my macbook. But when I opened it THIS time, the same thing happened! It never loaded. Is it a file corruption or something? The file contains .XML documents from Microsoft Word.

I have tried-
Restarting Computer.
Flipping on and off Fileshare via PReferences.
In Fileshare preferences, I clicked "Everyone" to "Read and Write".

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
I unfortunately can not help you, but some of the reason nobody is helping you, might be because your title is poor. Generally, putting tens of arrows around the words please read which is already in all caps makes people not care to answer a question. We have a whole sticky on post etiquette, I suggest you read it. http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/news-community-announcements/17475-forum-courtesy.html

Another thing is that you waited 10 minutes for a reply. We are all volunteers with lives that need to be tended to. 10 minutes is not enough.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
How big is the file you are trying to transfer?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.