Stolen IPhone, but recieving pictures from it via email.

Reaction score
My Gf had her Iphone 3 stolen over a year ago. But she has received 2 emails from it. They are pictures each time. I guess from the people who currently have the phone. Bizarre.

Any Ideas how we can find out where the phone is? Track where the email is from? The email does not contain much, just that it was sent from "my Iphone".

Any help or suggestions would be great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
How do you know they're coming from her stolen iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
Did you install Find my iPhone?

If you haven’t, I’m sorry but I don’t think there is a way to track those emails. Not legally anyway.

Reaction score
wouldnt you be able to track the phone using the logitude and lattitude of the photo if the photo was taken from the stolen iPhone???

Reaction score
1st off i hope the phone was reported stolen to at&t. If it was then it cant be used as a phone anymore as the IMEI is blocked in the system. If they are sending emails (over WiFi) you should have header info that gives the email address or what domain it was sent from (hotmail, yahoo....) However.... that info can be spoofed.
email header and email body, parse email

but in reality there is noting you can do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.