macbook Air printers "offline"

Reaction score
Hi
I am a new convert to macs and have a macbook Air and a new imac connected to my home network.

The imac is wired to the router and has 2 printers attached by usb (an HP J6410 and an Epson B1100). Both work fine when printing from the imac.

The Air is connected to the network wirelessly and can see both printers but whenever I try to print using the Air, it says "printer offline" in the print queue box even though they are online and working with the imac.

Any suggestions, please?

Thnx

sbc

Reaction score
Same problem

I have a MacBook Air and have the same problem with my Canon printer which is listed as default in Printer and Fax in System Preferences. I can print when printer is connected directly to Macbook Air by USB but when try to print wirelessly, it tells me the printer is offline. Other computers on my network can print wirelessly but not my Air. Did you ever find a solution?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.