macbook air booting time changed then again back to normal

Reaction score
Greetings!!!
I have a macbook air (2010) 1.83ghz 4gb ram. I installed xcode from apple's site. after installing it booting time of my mba became twice of its normal booting time. after a week its booting time is back to normal. so why this fluctuation (though I am happy its booting time is back to normal but what if it happend again)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
I am not sure, maybe your computer was getting used to having xCode? Haha I doubt that is the reason. But I am glad that your computer is back to normal booting time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
With SSDs, when using something large like xcode especially after just downloading it, it takes alot of room in the cache quite possibly replacing some boot files. As your MBA is using the boot files more and more each time you boot, the more likely the boot files will stay in the cache meaning quicker boot time.
Hope this makes sense, i'm feeling very under the weather so can't concentrate very well lol.

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
With SSDs, when using something large like xcode especially after just downloading it, it takes alot of room in the cache quite possibly replacing some boot files. As your MBA is using the boot files more and more each time you boot, the more likely the boot files will stay in the cache meaning quicker boot time.
Hope this makes sense, i'm feeling very under the weather so can't concentrate very well lol.

- Simon

Yes, this is the case.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.