Is there a shortcut for changing languages in the language flag?

Reaction score
Hey yall! Bran spankin' new to the forum, and convert to mac about a year ago, yessir! Now I've had this question for ages, but didn't mind it until now.... ERHUM!

I have the language flag for keyboard input in the upper right section of the screen (not sure what you call that little toolbar) I activated it ofcourse since I'm from Puerto Rico and I often have to enter letters with accents and such, and that makes it much simpler, but my question is, is there a shortcut key to toggle between the flags in that little tool bar? It'll make my life SO much easier! Here I'll post an image.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
It’s super easy!

I've been looking for answers but nobody has posted the right answer for me. Today, I found out how easy it is to change the language by easily using just a schort cut on a MacBook Keyboard!

1. Just go to “System Preferences”.
2. Choose “Keyboard”.
3. On the top of the “Keyboard” window, choose “Keyboard Shortcuts”.
4. Then look at the left side of the window and choose “Keyboard & Text Input”
5. Click “Select the previous input source”.

Now if you hold the “Command + Shift” keys, the language will be changed to the one you prefer!

That’s it!

You can if you want change the shortcuts by clicking near the back and then pressing the new shortcut.

Screenshot 2011-01-01 at 8.18.02 PM.png

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks!! Exactly what I was lookin' for. I would open the shortcuts window and there were so many options I wasn't sure where to go!

Reaction score
Suggested keyboard shortcuts to change keyboard input already in use

The suggested keyboard shortcuts for "Select the previous input source" and "Select next source in Input menu" (Command + Space, and Option + Command + Space) are already taken by Spotlight. I'm a newbie, and am not sure what other keyboard shortcuts are available and appropiate for these actions. I'm using Mac OSX 10.6.8 on an IMac.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Zebulah

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Well if you don't need the spotlight shortcuts, you can go ahead and disable them.
They are in the Spotlight section, just uncheck them and apply them to the input source ones.

If you want to keep Spotlights shortcuts, try whatever you fancy. OS X will warn you if you try to use one that is already in use.

I personally would use command+option+control+fn+n & command+option+control+fn+p for next and previous. Also remembering the modifier keys is also easy since it's all the keys on the bottom left of the space bar :p

Reaction score
Thanks, that worked fine.

Is it possible to set a short-cut for each language? I switch back and forth between four different languages, and it would be much easier if I could go directly to the language.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not that I can tell, I tried but couldn't get it to work.
Guess your stuck with the previous/next shortcuts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.