Dent.

Reaction score
So a few months ago my mom was using my MacBook Pro, and she apparently dropped it or something. One of the corners is completely dented, and scrapes against the other half of the computer when I open it.
I'll attach some pictures below. Is there any way for me to fix this problem without completely screwing up the computer or anything?

DSCN4571.jpg
DSCN4570.jpg
DSCN4567.jpg
DSCN4565.jpg

VEG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook air 13" Iphone 5
Apart from taking it to apple then file it so it doesn't catch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Get your Mom to make a claim under her home and contents insurance polify. Sometimes accidental damage is covered.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.
Mine is dented on the back corner in a very similar fashion (oddly enough). It doesn't catch when I open it or close it. You can't really tell it's there unless your looking at it while it's closed. I left it like that. I was tempted to bend it back, but then realized there is a high possibility of breaking the glass while doing that. I would just leave it, if it doesn't hamper the machines ability to function, then leave it be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.