Keychain Access Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33 Ghz, 768 RAM
Everytime I launch Mac Mail I keep getting a message to enter my passwords for my Mac Mail accounts, but it will not keep them in the keychain and just keeps asking for them everytime I open Mac Mail.

This also happens when I launch Safari, it says keychain not recognized.
I have tried the usual repair permissions, reboot, reset keychain, I have also run Tech Tool Pro and Cocktail and Mac Janitor. Nothing seems to be working.

Safari is also not letting me log into Mac Forum all the time either and when I look on my online Mail accounts it says my inboxes are empty even though they are obviously not because I have received mail to my Mac Mail inbox from them.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance
Paul

OP
pphking
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33 Ghz, 768 RAM
Problem sorted.

For those of you that have a similar problem just go to utilities and open Keychain Access. Go to Window menu scroll down to Keychain First Aid and run Repair.

Now just that pesky online inbox to sort out.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Thank you for posting your solution to the problem :)

E

eRacer X30

pphking said:
Problem sorted.

For those of you that have a similar problem just go to utilities and open Keychain Access. Go to Window menu scroll down to Keychain First Aid and run Repair.

Now just that pesky online inbox to sort out.

I'm sure this is going to ruffle a few feathers but I just dumped the Keychain Access app altogether. The problem I was having was with networked user there was a constant nagging to use the users login.keychain. Keychain First Aid was no help and trying to get 40+ users who never dealt with Keychains under OS 9 (and it seems never even USED OS X before) to begin to even deal with the Keychain once a day was like pulling teeth.

Dumping the app didnt effect the storing of passwords since the sytem seems to create a new login.keychain file whenever you boot up. You still have the option to save your password to the OS keychain and the system never again asks permission to use the keychain.

I'm sure someone will disagree, but I have yet to see any reason for keeping the Keychain Access app if nothing breaks without it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.