A very odd Mail issue......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPhone 3GS 32GB
Hello all,

Yesterday, I was trying to send an email and realised that the toolbar that sits just under the red, yellow and green dots, and gives you all the options to send, forward, delete etc, simply wasn't there!

I have no idea why it isn't there, it was the day before and I haven't changed any Mail settings. If I reply to something in my inbox, then I get the bar - but if I select a new message then it's not there?

I've been having wireless problems - I was trying to set up a wireless printer and inadvertently reset the router. The instructions with the router are only for Windows machines, and the CD supplied is too small and won't load into my MacBook! I was attempting to email the wireless people when I noticed this new problem. (I've given up with the wireless for the minute, and I'm connected with a cable straight to the Modem) But anyway, I can't see how any of that can affect Mail, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.....

I hope you can help me, my Mac guy has taken himself off to Australia for a long Christmas holiday. (I know, just when I need him!)

Oh and Happy New Year!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You need to click the button i have arrowed in the image .....

20110101-jt9xm728r3td6gwp9n8gxfj71u.jpg

Your router can only be configured while the cable from the moden/router to the Mac is connected. You cant configure it over wireless and it will have nothing to do with your mail

Hope it helps some :)

Cheers

PS ill look up your Mac Guy here downunder and send him home lol

OP
MacFanDan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPhone 3GS 32GB
I can't believe how simple that was! (And how simple I was being!) I must've pressed it by accident somehow. Mmmm, do I feel a bit stupid or what.....?!

The main problem with the wireless is really down to their dodgy instructions and small CD, but now that I can email the router people for support, I might be able to sort that one out!

But thank you massively! It's very much appreciated.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
YW mate.....And remember there is never a silly Question only sill answers
On the router issue what ever brand it is as i said you need to be hard wired to it to set it up. Google "the brand name router set up address" and for a D-Link i get the URL http://192.168.1.1/

Then the Log in and password should be Admin for both and take it from there . . . . Just change the URL for the Brand Router you have. Fairly straight forward once in it :)

OP
MacFanDan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPhone 3GS 32GB
I've tried various things with the wireless, I won't ramble on here, but wait patiently for a response from Tenda. My main priority was to sort out the email thing. Thanks again though mate, I might have another go at it later, but I'm off out for a nice roast dinner now.....!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.