powerbook G4

Reaction score
HI I need some help i have been given a powerbook G4 by my son inlaw to fix as it won't boot
The situation is when you power on you hear the chimes then a grey screen with what looks like a stop sign in grey and it just sits there.
Also there is an osx disk stuck inside the tray which i can't figure out how to open There must be a key stroke combination to open the tray but i have no idea what it is. Assuming someone can tell me how to eject the disk what do i do then to get this up and running again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
To eject the disk, hold down the mouse button at start-up (or the Trackpad button). That will force eject the disk

Find out what disk you have in there, is it a grey restore disk or is it another type.

Just a thought as well, if a valid OSX install disk is already in there, first try a restrat and hold down the C key straight after the start-up chime, that should force the G4 to boot from the optical disc.

OP
K
Reaction score
HI louishen thanks for your reply tried both of your suggestions but neither worked,the only difference was instead of a grey stop sign i am left with the black apple

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.