25mbps Download Speed.. 4mbps upload speed?

Reaction score
Why is this i really don't get it..is it a DNS issue because i am currently connected to the verizon servers by default and i checked from namebench that my dns is the fastest..is it a mac network issue that i have to change? :\ i don't understand what wrong..i currently have the 25/25 service but upload speed is slow..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Probably not. I would look on those forums those, as thats where I got the info from. It's probably just a case of Verizon not providing the service they say they are.

Why don't you call them and have someone come out?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The previous thread did not help..is it a DNS error?

No. DNS errors do not effect upload or download speeds. They show up as slow or incorrect IP address resolution.

Did you actually try what was suggested by the user in the Verizon FIOS forum? That is, did you go outside or to your garage and disconnect the input and remove the battery backup in order to completely reboot the system?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Not to mention, this is really a FIOS issue, so have you tried contacting them or their support? Not sure there's a lot we can do here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.