Trackpad Issue on MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Hi

Had my MacBook for nearly 12 months and the trackpad is giving me some issues. The bottom left corner requires pressing quite hard in order to operate the 'double-click'......It hasn't had anything spilt on it, or even the odd wet finger. Is there any way that I can check it's status, or reset the trackpad......Cheers in advance...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I think it is just wear and tear from clicking the trackpad in the same spot too many times. Not much you can do except you can try to go to the Apple store and get a possible replacement.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Ok, I get that, but less than 12 months use?!?!.....This is my first Mac and, well, I expected it to last longer than 12 months without issues.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
12 months is a long time to be using a track pad. My track pad takes sometimes a little bit to press down on the track pad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Ok, I get that, but less than 12 months use?!?!.....This is my first Mac and, well, I expected it to last longer than 12 months without issues.......

Think about it, one year of constantly pressing in the same spot? And a double click is, well, 2 clicks. And how many times do you click with just one click? Even if you only double clicked once a day, every day, 2x365 = 730, just in that one spot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Macs are not immortal. ;D

Reaction score
Mine has had the exact same problem this week.. it started on Boxing day.. wouldn't left click unless really pressed hard and repeatedly, then no right click.

I took it to my nearest Apple Store on NYE and they said the trackpad had conked and replaced the trackpad free, even tho out of warranty (by 4 days...!). I was able to pick it up yesterday so am pretty impressed with their service!

I do wish I had realised I was nearly out of warranty tho.. too late to get extended applecare now:(

Take it to an Apple store and they'll replace it :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.