Almost had a HEARTATTACK! Dead pixel!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2010 - i5 Quad Core 2.8ghz
I was working in Photoshop for hours and suddenly noticed a white dot was on screen. Not on the image i was working in, but floating over the desktop area ... I grabbed the image I was working with, moved it around, hoping it was dirt on my screen. It stayed, I wiped the screen. Nothing ... ARGH!!!!

DEAD PIXEL!!!!

I got so angry, I quit photoshop ready to shut the Mac down ....

And the dot dissapeared.

Clearly a Photoshop related graphics driver issue.

Whew! lol!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Ohh someone got lucky. Glad to hear its all good!

OP
spiritdave
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, when I bought it, I went into the store, handed over £1649 cash and said "Now that I'm handing this over, I'd like an assistant to open it and power it up for me to check" :)

They were extremely helpful and when I said I was sorry for the hassle, the guy was like "No not at all, in fact, I love booting these things up so don't worry" :)

I was checking for dead pixels when booting it up so I knew I didn't have any.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Haha thats smart. I love the feeling of taking of the plastic wrap that covers the top and screen of the computer.
That just sounded really corny and nerdy. Haha :p

OP
spiritdave
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh my God ... you have no idea ...

We got the unit out of the box, and my girlfriend almost SQUEELED when she saw the plastic sticky stuff on the screen etc! And she demanded she get to take it off ... loads of shoppers crowded round at this point and she was explaining why she loves it so much ... as she peeled it off, she almost had a Meg Ryan moment in front of the shoppers, who all found this hilarious. It was rather fun :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have only had that experience twice so far. Sounds like a great time. Right after I peel it off I am scared to touch it because I don't want to leave any finger prints on it haha.

OP
spiritdave
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have that little black cloth at hand all the time and literally wipe it down every hour ... LOL! I'm OCD about this thing. But I'm sure that'll wear off :D

My brother bought an i3 24inch the next day and he's the same with his :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.