maximization question

Reaction score
I recently purchased a =n iMac, and I downloaded software (I think--it might have been an app of some sort) that fully maximizes my active screen when I click on the green plus (top left). Now I do not want it, as it just wastes a ton of space. Does anyone know how I can remove this feature and restore the green plus button to factory setting? Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What was it that you downloaded? If it has an uninstaller or uninstall instructions, use that or follow the instructions. Usually programs that change things like how Finder works, icons, desktop, etc, have to be uninstalled correctly or they may partially function causing problems.

If you're in doubt, go to the publisher's web site and look for uninstall instructions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
If the app does not come with an uninstaller then you could use AppZapper to delete everything that came with the app. Even the .plist file. You then have to empty the trash and maybe restart your computer. Good luck!

AppZapper - The uninstaller Apple forgot.
Its a great app to have, I highly recommend it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.