new imac won't recognize older flt. sim yoke

Reaction score
i have a new imac. i plugged in my older ch products flt sim yoke and imac did not find it. i have no soft ware for it. ch products web site says apple the new os x program needs a driver from apple. i can't find one to down load. i want to run x plane 9, but need to use this yoke. any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It looks like most, if not all of the newer CH yokes and joysticks are plug n play for Windows. Without a driver, you're out of luck.

Which version of X Plane do you have? You might be able to switch the license to Windows and then install XP using Boot Camp on your new iMac. The yoke will work that way. Or buy another yoke, one that's compatible with Snow Leopard. The X Plane forums and site have a list of which joysticks and yokes are compatible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.