Macbook ram upgade, 2gb-4gb

Reaction score
hey guys.

so right now, i just came up with a newyears resolution.
and that is to have a little work done on my macbook, since i havent treated it well for the past 3 years of owning it.

its got chippings in the corners, and i broke one of the arrow keys, i still have it but its broken :/ i also have to replace the screen frame because one corner simply doesnt hold.

i will replace the entire inner case.

and to sum it all up i will have it go though a nice ram upgrade.

but this makes a slight dilema,

some of the macbook models only support up to 2 gigs of ram,

according to a table HERE late 07' models can run up to 4 gigs.

i used coconut identity card to find out when my macbook was made, and it said "between 22.10.07 and 28.10.07" now if i dont fail at months, 10 seems to be November.

now the question is, IS November 2007 late 2007?

btw, would you guys want a build tread?

cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
now the question is, IS November 2007 late 2007?

Yea, it should take 4gb of RAM.

Have you thought about getting a new, faster hard drive to increase the system speed? Hard drives are the #1 performance upgrade for the machine.

OP
Yazure
Reaction score
Yea, it should take 4gb of RAM.

Have you thought about getting a new, faster hard drive to increase the system speed? Hard drives are the #1 performance upgrade for the machine.

yeah i have, but i'm sorta low on buget, eventhough i have my warehouse G3 to store all the data while i do this upgrade.

another reason is because i still have my copy of itunes 9, and i dont want to upgrade it. xD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
You could also take a quick look at the link below. You can track down which model you have using any of several numbers that Apple uses for their products ie: MB061LL/B, A1181, MacBook3,1, etc... It lists dates of manufacture as well. There are also some comments inserted in the descriptions and some links to answer common upgrade questions. Good luck!

Apple MacBook Specs (All MacBook Technical Specs) @ EveryMac.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
You could also try Mactracker - it should identify your machine - and it will give you information like how much extra ram you can put in.
Mactracker

btw, would you guys want a build tread?

ea05_1.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Gadsden Flag. Nice!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
You could also try Mactracker - it should identify your machine - and it will give you information like how much extra ram you can put in.
Mactracker
That's what I was about to post. That program helped me out quite a bit when looking for upgrade specs for my MBP.

OWC is a good place to buy the RAM if you choose to go that route.

The hard drives really aren't that expensive. A 1 GB RAM upgrade costs me about $30. A 640 GB, 7200 RPM hard drive cost me only $80. It is a little more expensive, but you get much more bang for your buck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.