How do I Flush DNS in OS 9.0.4?

Reaction score
I am trying to download some content from my website server using Fetch 3.0.3 and the download speed keeps getting slower and slower. It's currently at 52 bytes/sec and still slowing. This happened once before when I was trying to download some fairly large content so I figured I was just pushing it too far, but right now it is happening with a file that is only 86,700 bytes!

Somebody suggested that I should "Flush DNS" to improve my download speed, but he didn't know how to do it in my antiquarian operating system. Can anybody out there help me? Is this even what I should be doing to resolve this problem?

Thanks!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Not an OS9 user here but according to this thread, simply putting the machine to sleep and waking it back up will flush the DNS cache. I'm sure there is an easier way but I'll leave it to those who know OS9.

Reaction score
The extensions called SLP Plugin,NSL UI library,URL access,NBP plugin and DNS plugin are associated with the network browser. You may need to reinstall the plug ins.

OP
D
Reaction score
I think I figured out the real problem with the slow download speed, and it didn't have anything to do with the DNS, but it's good to know how to deal with it anyway, for future reference...

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.