Dual Monitor w/ Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking to hook up two additional monitors to my Macbook Pro but not sure what's the best way to do it.

Can someone tell me what i'll need to do it?

Will a simple DVI splitter suffice? Or do i need someone more complicated such as the Matrox TripleHead2Go?

What's the difference between these two? There's certainly a big price difference...

Thanks.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I haven't used them but one of the Matrox solutions should get the job done. Before you purchase though look for a few reviews to see if there is any mention of software that does not work with that kind of setup.

I currently have two external monitors attached to my 2008 MacBook Pro. A 24" Samsung is connected directly to the computer just as you would any monitor.

The 19" monitor is connected via the USB based display adapter ATPM 15.08 - Review: OWC USB 2.0 Display Adapter. As I explain in the review I use this setup for light to medium duty work with no noticeable lag. There are also some issues with software that needs full Open GL support.

During the review I tested primarily with one external monitor attached. For the last couple of months I have been using the two external monitor setup daily and I have noticed that once in a while I must completely restart the system upon a "wake from sleep"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.