Low Frame Rate World of Warcraft

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Its interesting, the Genius Bar seemed very convinced my computer would shut off before any lasting damage.

I'm not sure I trust the country bumpkin that helped me last, will investigate the fan now.

Was just looking on Intel's website.
Looks like for the P8600 (2.4ghz model) the thermal shutdown is 105C lol. So yes, it should shut down once it hits 105, but 104 at any length will kill the processor.

edit: Same thing for the P8400 (2.26ghz model), 105 thermal shutdown.

OP
B
Reaction score
Ran Onyx and did a World of Warcraft repair for the heck of it. Frame rate still better, but really jumpy.

I dunno, at minimum settings for anything I really don't think there should be issues. It does seem that as the temp goes up the performance goes down, so here's hoping that the new fan not only fixes the temp. issue, but that in turn fixes the FPS.

I'm still open to new suggestions =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Ran Onyx and did a World of Warcraft repair for the heck of it. Frame rate still better, but really jumpy.

I dunno, at minimum settings for anything I really don't think there should be issues. It does seem that as the temp goes up the performance goes down, so here's hoping that the new fan not only fixes the temp. issue, but that in turn fixes the FPS.

I'm still open to new suggestions =)

Your only thing you can do is cool your processor down.
Your frame rates are dropping because your system is over heating. If it goes up another degree celsius your machine is going to shut itself down and it will cause permanent damage over time.
As I stated before, I would stop playing completely because you are going to damage your system and probably fry your processor.

But if you don't think it's a big deal, keep going on with it.

OP
B
Reaction score
Got a new fan, actually works. Country bumpkin from last time was dead wrong.

Issue resolved.

It was interesting how a superheated CPU would cause such lag, I had never heard of that before.

Thanks for the help guys, you've been great!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.