Parallels, "Like a Mac" or "Like a PC" mode?

Reaction score
Just purchased a new Macbook Air. Have installed Parallels Desktop 6. Heading to purchase a copy of Windows 7 shortly. Wondering if there is a better mode to use in Parallels, "Like a Mac" or "Like a PC"? Will be using Windows to remote desktop to my office PC (via SonicWall TZ170), also need to use a Verizon Wireless broadband device which I think will only work with Windows as well. Will be doing some other things in Windows, but mainly these.

Wondering if it's better to use the "Like a PC" mode so that when I'm in the Windows window, I know that everything I'm doing is Windows based...??? Remote desktop may not be confused with Mac OS X still running?

On the other hand I like the seamlessness of the "Like a Mac" mode where you can work within Windows and OS X very smoothly without really noticing a transfer between Operating Systems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I like Cohesive "like a Mac" mode myself, but can work with either to be honest. Windows 7 isn't so different.

Reaction score
Its purely a matter of personal preference. Win7 programs will run the same either way.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.