Linking Allegro to Xcode

Reaction score
Hello all, I have been programming c++ for a while now using xcode, and I have to say, the environment is just good looking at easy to use. My problem is that I am looking to use the Allegro library in Xcode. (Allegro - Introduction)

For those familiar with Xcode, when you choose the option File>New Project, you are taken to another window which lists the possibly templates for projects that you can use in your new project. My question is, how do I get the Allegro template to show up...I have been searching for the past three days, various hours each day, but have come up with nothing. I am aware how to install Allegro to the system through terminal commands, there are many tutorials out on how to do that. I just don't understand how to link the Allegro (which is now on my system, done through terminal) to Xcode...If anyone could help with this that would be great, I turned to this forum as my first solid option for support.
Thanks, Ryan

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'm not familiar with Allegro but it looks to be a cross-platform solution and it may therefore not come with an Xcode template. This wiki page though shows you how to set up Xcode to link to Allegro in your project.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the reference that helped me understand what I was trying to accomplish. I figured it out fully by using this guide, (Install Allegro5 From SVN - Allegro Wiki)
all you need to do is install cmake, the rest is done in terminal
this is very easy, and I hope that others can see this so they know that getting this process working is not as difficult as it seems

Thanks for the support,
Ryan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.