Skype Unveils Video Calls Over 3G and Wifi for iPhone and iPod 4G

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

Just upgraded my iphone Skype app and it works well even on the 3Gs, OK I know you have to turn the phone around by hay its a free extra if you want to use it, ;Dso for the iphone 4 it should be fine.:D

Also if you are a Skype subscriber they will email you with a free call voucher offer for XXX amount of free call time to landlines and mobiles, it is a sorry for the lost Skype time do to the recent supernode issue, just got my email the header is (Sorry for the inconvenience)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Saw this on engadget.com earlier today. They said 3G - 3G was bad (no big surprise there!).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
Saw this on engadget.com earlier today. They said 3G - 3G was bad (no big surprise there!).

Actually, I am surprised by that...if it's true. I've jailbroken my iPhone and can do facetime over 3G and it works just as well as it does over wifi...and it's not designed to do that. I'd think an app designed specifically for video calls over 3G would do just as well, if not better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.