Font Problem with Dreamweaver CS5

Reaction score
Strange one this:

This only seems to be effecting DW CS5

I installed some hollow fonts into the font folder on the imac, which I have since uninstalled for the following reason

DW CS5 for some reason inherited the font so when you look at lets say properties of a page all of the side text is in the hollow font which of course is totally unreadable

I uninstalled DW CS5 and reinstalled but the problem has not gone away

Has anybody got any ideas what to try next

Mel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Sounds like a font conflict

Both the hollow font and the font used for the code view have the same id so are clashing.

If you are using a font manager you should just unload the new font when you dont need it, or select a different font for DMs code view in DMs prefernces

OP
M
Reaction score
Found the problem

It was a ttf font file in users/library/fonts/

Deleted the font and problem was resolved in DW CS5 as if by magic

Now at least I can see what I am doing lol

Sounds like a font conflict

Both the hollow font and the font used for the code view have the same id so are clashing.

If you are using a font manager you should just unload the new font when you dont need it, or select a different font for DMs code view in DMs prefernces

This is the puzzle I have removed the hollow font totally

The code view of DW CS5 is showing without problem its the built in parts of DW that are the problem for example on this page where I am replying at the top left hand side is Reply To Thread which is obviously readable

But see attached pic of DW

Its as thoughthe imac operating system still thinks the font is there even when it has been totally removed and a fresh install of DW was done

Mel

Screen shot 2010-12-30 at 15.51.47.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Reaction score
hollow font still there

ive tried using both fontnuke and onyx for removing my font cache, yet the problem remains. Ive looked through my font library and there is no sign of the particular font.

did this work for you mel??

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with Dreamweaver CS5. Like you I tried to load Babylon Hollow, Had problems with it, deleted it out of the font library. However there seems to be a ghost of it in my system because this font is appearing in Dreamweaver in some of the popup screens.

Reaction score
im having the exact same problem, cant seem to find the font at all, has anyone had any luck with this? thanks!

Reaction score
Bumping the post in hopes someone has an answer. I have been grappling with this issue for a few weeks and it is causing a real problem with my development. I have tried all suggested fixes above....no change.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
ive tried using both fontnuke and onyx for removing my font cache, yet the problem remains. Ive looked through my font library and there is no sign of the particular font.

did this work for you mel??

I'm having the exact same problem. No other solutions as of yet? Using Onyx to clear the font cache didn't work either....

Reaction score
Fix it!

I best way to fix it is access the Font Catalog panel and fix all font conflicts. Here is OK! In my Opera, Dreamweaver and others appears crazy fonts!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.